Finished Duvet

After taking quite a long break from blogging and from many of my craft activities, I finally finished that Duvet I was working on in my first post.

Image

The difficult part was sewing the quarter circles to the outside section that makes it a square, but once I succumbed to the use of many, many more pins than usual, success was mine.  In an effort to make it a duvet appropriate for not just me, but my fiance as well, I backed it with a bright green solid cotton that really pops.  Finally, I decided no more of those annoying buttons at the top that come undone and get your hands caught in the gaps when your sleeping, no, instead I used a sleeping bag zipper put in with an overlap to keep it from scratching so it doesn’t matter if it’s at your feet or your head.  This has been my favorite part about the new duvet, and I will never go back to buttons again. 

If I can manage to dig up the pattern I made, I will post it for easy replication.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s